OPEN LETTER TO BARACK OBAMA ON HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY “A PROMISED LAND” Part 43 “Even universal programs that enjoyed broad support—like public education or public sector employment—had a funny way of becoming controversial once Black and brown people were included as beneficiaries”

Trump: Let me be clear, I condemn the KKK, white supremacists and the President Trump

Gutfeld on Trump getting rid of critical race theory

Ben Carson: I’ve never seen evidence of Trump being racist

January 3, 2021

There are several issues raised in your book that I would like to discuss with you such as the minimum wage law, the liberal press, the cause of 2007 financial meltdown, and especially your pro-choice (what I call pro-abortion) view which I strongly object to on both religious and scientific grounds, Two of the most impressive things in your book were your dedication to both the National Prayer Breakfast (which spoke at 8 times and your many visits to the sides of wounded warriors!!

Over the years, that trust proved difficult to sustain. In particular, the fault line of race strained it mightily. Accepting that African Americans and other minority groups might need extra help from the government—that their specific hardships could be traced to a brutal history of discrimination rather than immutable characteristics or individual choices—required a level of empathy, of fellow feeling, that many white voters found difficult to muster. Historically, programs designed to help racial minorities, from “forty acres and a mule” to affirmative action, were met with open hostility. Even universal programs that enjoyed broad support—like public education or public sector employment—had a funny way of becoming controversial once Black and brown people were included as beneficiaries.
     And harder economic times strained civic trust. As the U.S. growth rate started to slow in the 1970s—as incomes then stagnated and good jobs declined for those without a college degree, as parents started worrying about their kids doing at least as well as they had done—the scope of people’s concerns narrowed. We became more sensitive to the possibility that someone else was getting something we weren’t and more receptive to the notion that the government couldn’t be trusted to be fair.
     Promoting that story—a story that fed not trust but resentment—had come to define the modern Republican Party. With varying degrees of subtlety and varying degrees of success, GOP candidates adopted it as their central theme, whether they were running for president or trying to get elected to the local school board. It became the template for Fox News and conservative radio, the foundational text for every think tank and PAC the Koch Brothers financed: The government was taking money, jobs, college slots, and status away from hardworking, deserving people like us and handing it all to people like them—those who didn’t share our values, who didn’t work as hard as we did, the kind of people whose problems were of their own making.

POLITICSNEWS

I’ve Said It Many Times’: Trump Condemns KKK, White Supremacists, Proud Boys

Mary Margaret Olohan @MaryMargOlohan /October 02, 2020 / 26 Comments

“I don’t know much about the Proud Boys, almost nothing, but I condemn that,” President Donald Trump says. Pictured: Trump walks to Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House Oct. 1, 2020, in Washington, D.C. (Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

President Donald Trump condemned white supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, and the Proud Boys in a Thursday evening interview.

“I’ve said it many times, let me be clear again, I condemn the KKK, I condemn all white supremacists, I condemn the Proud Boys,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “I don’t know much about the Proud Boys, almost nothing, but I condemn that.”dailycallerlogo

“He should condemn also Antifa,” Trump added, referring to former Vice President Joe Biden. “Antifa is a horrible group of people. They kill people, what they do to people, and they are causing insurrection, causing riots.”

“He doesn’t want to do that, but the press doesn’t go after him. And that’s a really bad group of people,” Trump added.

Stand for your principles in 2021—even in the face of Congress, the media, and the radical Left ganging up on conservatives and our values. Learn more now >>

“I condemn them. If I say it 100 times, it won’t be enough because it’s fake news,” the president continued.

His comments come after moderator Chris Wallace asked Trump to condemn white supremacists during Tuesday night’s debate.

“I’m willing to do that,” Trump said. “I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace.”

The president emphasized that most of the violence he has seen lately has been caused by Antifa, while Biden and Wallace pushed him to condemn white supremacist groups.

“What do you want to call them?” Trump asked. “Give me a name. Give me a name. Who would you like me to condemn?”

When Biden named the Proud Boys, Trump responded: “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. Somebody has to do something about Antifaand the left because this is not a right-wing problem, this is a left-wing.”

The president walked back this statement to reporters at the White House Wednesday.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. I mean, you’ll have to give me a definition because I don’t know who they are. They have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work,” Trump told reporters. “But whoever they are, they have to stand down.”

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of this original content, email licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

A Note for our Readers:

As we remain vigilant on the offense against the extremism of the radical left, you know we must continue to stand for conservative principles in 2021, even in the face of Congress, the media, and the radical left ganging up on conservatives and on our values. Because ultimately, you know that a return to America’s core values can help us overcome current social unrest and build a better tomorrow.

That is why we’re asking conservatives like you to unite around our shared True North principles and to be the ones who give us the strength to fight for the bedrock principles of limited government, economic growth, and personal freedom with a special year-end gift to The Heritage Foundation before Dec. 31.

In 2021, we’ll focus on the Fight for America and uphold and protect the Constitution, defend the rule of law, expose attempts to undermine our institutions, launch a nationwide educational effort to expose people—especially young people—to your conservative values, and defend the pillar of free speech against the leftist mobs who seek to cancel you.

That is why finishing this year strong is so critical. The Heritage Foundation is challenging you to rise up and claim more victories for conservative values as we provide leadership, guidance, and a steady hand in our efforts to achieve conservative policy victories, not only for you and your family today, but for the future generations of America