Stimulating the economy comes from giving the private sector incentive to grow or in other words cutting taxes for job creators and not class warfare. Sadly we have had too many RINOS out there. The Tea Party is the answer for that. The liberal Arkansas Times blog runned by Max Brantley is upset that the Tea Party is making strides, but I hope they keep getting real spending conservatives in the Republican party. That is only hope or we will turn into Greece down the road.
With Obama’s dismal record on jobs, there’s a lot of debate about how to improve the employment situation.
I take the pro-market position in this special report on Fox News.
The discussion focuses on the following questions.
- Does government spending create jobs? This is the discredited Keynesian notion that you become richer by switching money from your right pocket to left pocket, and I explain that this approach has never worked.
- What does create jobs? I explain we need to shrink the burden of government and I cite my favorite Golden Rule about the importance of making sure the productive sector of the economy grows faster than the public sector.
- Should there be more government workers? Anyone who has seen this video knows my answer to that question.
- Is it a good idea to raise taxes on the rich? I argue that penalizing success doesn’t make sense, so class warfare tax policy should be rejected.
- Would it help to impose higher taxes on corporations? Since the United States already penalizes companies with the world’s highest corporate tax rate, that question answers itself.
- Should the United States copy Europe? My answer shouldn’t be a surprise. I say that Europe is a giant warning signal about the dangers of excessive government.
In other words, there is no secret to job creation. Just get government out of the way.