President Obama c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Dear Mr. President,
I know that you receive 20,000 letters a day and that you actually read 10 of them every day. I really do respect you for trying to get a pulse on what is going on out here.
Stimulating the economy comes from giving the private sector incentive to grow or in other words cutting taxes for job creators and not class warfare.
With Obama’s dismal record on jobs, there’s a lot of debate about how to improve the employment situation.
I take the pro-market position in this special report on Fox News.
The discussion focuses on the following questions.
- Does government spending create jobs? This is the discredited Keynesian notion that you become richer by switching money from your right pocket to left pocket, and I explain that this approach has never worked.
- What does create jobs? I explain we need to shrink the burden of government and I cite my favorite Golden Rule about the importance of making sure the productive sector of the economy grows faster than the public sector.
- Should there be more government workers? Anyone who has seen this video knows my answer to that question.
- Is it a good idea to raise taxes on the rich? I argue that penalizing success doesn’t make sense, so class warfare tax policy should be rejected.
- Would it help to impose higher taxes on corporations? Since the United States already penalizes companies with the world’s highest corporate tax rate, that question answers itself.
- Should the United States copy Europe? My answer shouldn’t be a surprise. I say that Europe is a giant warning signal about the dangers of excessive government.
In other words, there is no secret to job creation. Just get government out of the way.
Thank you so much for your time. I know how valuable it is. I also appreciate the fine family that you have and your commitment as a father and a husband.
Everette Hatcher III, 13900 Cottontail Lane, Alexander, AR 72002, ph 501-920-5733, email@example.com